Monday, January 19, 2009

GARLIC

What an amazing plant!!! A couple of days ago I started having pain in my lower left jaw. It would radiate up and down. I had no swelling or redness, just pain. The next day two of my teeth felt like there was a lot of pressure around them, besides the pain in my jaw. Last night day almost 3, I went to bed early as I was tired yet I couldn't sleep because of the pain I was feeling. I took some Excidren and that did not touch it. Finally after two hours of lying awake in bed I got up and decided to do some research on the internet. David and I were thinking from the sound of it all that I had a tooth abcess. There was one site I found and 25 people talked about using raw garlic on an abcess. I didn't have any "raw" garlic only minced, so I put some minced garlic on a cotton ball and placed it in my mouth between my cheek and gum. I held it their between 15 to 30 minutes and then I noticed I had no pain in my jaw. I was able to sleep without any pain. I woke up this morning and still had no pain in my jaw yet my teeth still had the pressure and I could hardly bite down on them. I finally went to the store and bought some cloves of garlic. Came home and cut one in half and put on with the cut side against one side of the gum and the other on the other side of the gum next to the teeth that were giving me problems. I kept it their for about 45 minutes. I would bite down on the garlic ever so often to release some more juice...Now let me tell you how it burns like crazy. After doing this for about 45 minutes to 1 hour I had no pain at all and was able to bite down without feeling any pressure. Garlic works for abcess. I am a firm believer and will always have garlic in my house. I will continue doing this for a week just to make sure the abcess is completely gone.
So moral of the story...If you have an abcess, chew on some garlic! :>)

(Those who are around me...if I smell like garlic you will know why)

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

WOW - and I guess you will not be visited by any vampires either. LOL - it works at many levels!!!
Garlic is actually what I use on my ear infections ~ I can not take antibiotics anymore, they make me too ill - so I use a Garlic tincture from Whole Foods... it works wonders. also good for soar throats!

Rosie said...

Kennedy had a terrible earache the other night and online it said to mash up some garlic and put it in her ears to stop the pain. IT DID stop the pain but she still had to go to the doctor in the morning. She smelt like a restaurant:)

So add me to the list of "Fans of Garlic"

The Alaska Coyles said...

Rosie, A great thing for ear infections is onion juice. Put some onions in your garlic press and press out the juice. Grab a syring or ear bulb (the bulb you suck snot out with) and put the juice in their ear. Rub their eye down below so the juice gets deep in the cannel. Let the child lie their for acouple of minutes and then put in a cotton ball. I always do both sides no matter what. My kids will all tell you that with in hours their earaches go away and never return. I have never taken any of my kids in for earaches.
Just more info for you.