Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas Morning

We had a wonderful Christmas as I sure all of you had also. I think of our Christmas' and feel like most of them are like "The Little House on the Prairie", very simple. The kids did great on their presents. It is always interesting to see what they will come up with each year. Some times they need my help for ideas and some times not.
This year Brandon did...

Dad...coupon for a pie

Mom....."Love, Peace and Happiness", he was so excited about this gift. Telling me it was the best present he has ever given me. He went on the computer and printed a slip of paper with the words Love, peace and happiness on it as this is what I told him I wanted for Christmas.

Nephi....Car wallet (holds up to 5 matchbox cars)
Eilish.....Stuffed bear with a dress (made own pattern)Nephi made....

Dad........Trail mix

Mom......Neck supporter (he made his own pattern)


Brandon.....Stuffed bear (again, made his own pattern)


Eilish........Bow holder (for all her hair bows)
Eilish made.....

Dad.........Pillow with a drawing she made on it

Brandon.........same as dad
Nephi.........same as dad

I was talking to a friend a couple of days ago. She asked what I received for Christmas. I told her and mentioned I received nothing from Eilish as she needed help and no one helped her. After the conversation was done (not knowing she was around), she came up to me and handed me a cat I helped her make months ago. She told me it was a late Christmas present from her to me. What a sweet child!!

Here is some of the things the kids received.

I made each of them a Pillow Pal. It turned out MUCH bigger than I expected yet the kids love them. Great Body pillow. If you look at Eilish...her pillow pal is bigger than she is. On the front of each is their nicknames. Brandon...Bugaboo, Nephi...scooter, and Eilish...Missy Moose (don't tell the kids I told you their names).

The boys love hot sauce and they use so much of the stuff on their food, that I decided to give them both a bottle in their stocking. You can see from Nephi's expression what he thought of it.

I decided the kids needed new swimming suits (as this went along with the theme of our Christmas). I get so frustrated with swimming suits, as for all our lives we are taught to stay modest and then it is OK to take most of our clothes off in order to get into the water. I even look at one piece suits and to me how immodest they are. I found this site online where they sell modest swimming suits. So, I bought a pattern and made this suit for Eilish. I love it! I have a pattern for myself and need to make mine.


This year for Christmas we decided since David has been away from the family for so long we would take a vacation for Christmas. We don't have the funds for a "big" vacation so we will be going to Anchorage, Alaska. We gave the kids gifts that would go along with the vacation, beach towels, water toys, swimming suits, etc. The last gift was a vacation package, which included a map, itinerary, brochures of places we will be visiting (Zoo, Alaska Heritage center, H20aises,etc) and a ticket to ride the "Coyle Limousine". Because I don't drive,ride etc in the snow our vacation will have to wait until the spring. In the meantime, the kids received a calendar to mark off the dates and each month there is a day marked with an activity they will be doing in order to get ready for the vacation. We don't care were we go as long as we can be together as a family!

3 comments:

Connie~ said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas! I love all your homemade gifts!

The Jones Family said...

I am so jealous ... You must send me a copy of the pattern for the hair bow organizer - how cute!! Now that I am home, I am starving for projects! This would be great to get done now and put away for Christmas next season. AND I wanna join your sleep overs! If only we were independantly wealthy, I would fly up once a month ... LOL. eh, in time maybe!
Well all of the gifts are great and it is exciting every year to see what creative things you come up with! We MUST do another exchange this next year and now that I am home and not ingulfed in work I am more oranized. Lets organize this no later than spring break~

The Alaska Coyles said...

We (Nephi and I) just made up the pattern for the bow holder. We drew it on...I don't know what it is called...the foam poster board. Cut it out and glue some material on it.
You are more than welcome to join our "sleepovers". We could have loads of fun. Just hop on a plane and come out. See ya soon.