Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Eve

I was able to get all my Christmas things done by 4am Christmas eve. This was the first time in at least 8 years that I was able to enjoy Christmas eve with out having to finish projects. We went to the Stake Center early that evening with some friends and their families and had a light dinner. We were going to have a program with music and reading yet by the time we were done eating we had to get back home as the Elders were coming over. They got to the house just as we were driving up. We made Taco salad and had an enjoyable time getting to know a new missionary, Elder Southworth. After...dinner, we had the Elders open their stockings and Christmas presents. Of course, like a lot of families, we get new P.J's for Christmas eve every year. So the Elders got some PJs with their name and their mission dates. The one thing I don't like is not knowing exactly what size everyone is...so it is a guessing game. Elder Southworth's theme was soccer and Elder Bailey's theme was Milk and cookies.They also received laundry bags also with personalized stockings filled with goodies.


After the Elders opened their gifts, we then opened our PJs. Here we are sporting ours.

We have "Fishy Dad, Captain Brandon, Hot Rod Nephi, Ballerina Eilish and not pictured, Froggy Mom. We had such a FUN time with our PJs. Everyone said it was the best time they have every had with PJs. If you look at this picture below you might see something embroidered in white. Do you see it? Let me turn off the lights and tell me if you can see it better.Can you see it? My camera was having a fit so I didn't get the greatest pictures. It says "Did you think to pray?". Isn't that cool. Glow in the dark thread. Now you know why we all were having so much fun. If anyone once some for next year, get your order in early.
After we had loads of fun with the PJs, we have a tradition of reading the Christmas story in the Bible and Book of Mormon and while dad does this we have Hot Chocolate and make S'mores over the candle stick. The kids love this.
Here it really was dark except the candles. This is why David has a flashlight. I need to read the manual for my camera.
Well it was a wonderful, fun and spiritual night. Some times I like Christmas Eve more than Christmas as it seems like Christmas Eve is more about Christ and Christmas day is more about giving. How fun to celebrate the Saviors birth, life and all the gifts he has given us. I would love to find out what you do on Christmas Eve. I will post Christmas soon, so check back.

3 comments:

The Jones Family said...

Can I put in my order now for some of those AWESOME jammies! I want them sooo bad ... AMAZING Lynda, that is what we shall call thee from this day forth. So it is written, so it is done! LOL ... Really, I want them - I will send sizes later (wink).

Connie~ said...

Your pj party looks so fun. That is great you had the missionaries over and included them in the fun. Love the glow-in-the-dark idea. You are so clever! Fun memories!

JoyMotherof10 said...

Well I am getting my pj order in early, I want pj's with the glow in the dark "did you think to pray with a sheep or shepard theme!.

Great job Dave & Lynnda!!!

On Christmas Eve I had the kids 7 grand kids who are here over to my house& we sang happy birthday to Jesus shared snacks,had birthday cake then everyone contributed to the christmas story &&& little Sarah sang What Child is This---we al had a good time. You can see a picture of what was left of Jesus birthday cake on Marys family blog.
I hope to have my blog completed soon & have a New Years message for all.
LUV Mom & Grand mom