Monday, October 20, 2008

Primary Program

We had our primary program today. I was amazed at how well it went. The kids (ward) did wonderful. They sat on the stand during the whole sacrament and were so reverent. As you know the theme this year has been "I am a Child of God". I was sitting up there with the kids (as I am in primary) and as they sang the song "I am a Child of God" it brought tears to my eyes and I had a hard time singing. Just listening to the children sing that song moved my spirit and reconfirmed that "yes" I am a Child of God.
As a parent, I was so pleased with Eilish and Nephi. Eilish got up there and said her lines without any help and Nephi, I see "Bishop" in his future. He gets up there and looks out at the congragation (with hands in pocket) and gives his lines. I must say... my children are not shy about speaking. They are all great speakers and give wonderful talks. Some times I worry as with Brandon and Nephi, I never know what they are going to say as they write their own talks. With Eilish she tells me what to type and I type it for her. I love listening to her wise wisdom.
Grandma... if you are reading this (I know you already know it) you have some very wise, and spiritual grandchildren. We are so very bless to have them in our lives. What a joy Brandon, Nephi and Eilish are to me. I thank Heavenly Father for sending them in my life every day.

1 comment:

Connie~ said...

The Primary Program did go over very well! I too was a little worried about it after Saturday's activity. But the children were awesome!

And you do have great kids, and they have a great mom!