Saturday, November 29, 2008

Kids' Favorite Christmas gift

I started this about three years ago and now the children ask for them. What I did was make a coupon book. There is probably about 20 coupons for each kids. They range from... Day off of school, day off of chores, Game of your choosing, 1 hour reading in bed, 1 hr of computer or TV games, pick a movie with popcorn, choose a snack at the store, day at the park, day at the library, etc... then it moves up to bigger and better things. Cold stone, Golden Corral, Magazine subscription, craft item, cookie session. You are getting the idea. I have some that have dates on when they can use them, so they are spread out through out the year. Otherwise they would use them up the first month...ok week!
I make these into small business size cards and use cement glue on one side, so they can peel off a card, one at a time. I then put them in their stockings.
I asked the kids one Christmas what their favorite gift was and all of them said "The coupon book".

1 comment:

Rosie said...

I think I might try this fir my older kids. This seems like something they would enjoy. I will let you know how they turn out!